Loading
History

      The Iskenderun Maritime Museum was launched from the goal of the Great Leader Ataturk to "Make Maritime, Turkish the Great Grand National."

      The Museum is the third Naval museum opened after Istanbul and Çanakkale.

      The museum building, which was built as a mansion in 1930, was purchased by the Naval Forces Command in 1942. After this date, it was used as "Headquarters Building and Purchasing and Inspection Commission". In 2008, it was decided that the building should be evaluated as a museum. For this purpose the building was restored and the restoration was completed in April 2009. The Iskenderun Maritime Museum was opened on June 26, 2009 in a magnificent ceremony by Naval Forces Commander Admiral Metin ATAÇ.